Buzz over to my Website!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Black Lace" Bracelet


In anticipation of Outer Banks Bike Week, my Sandy Gear collection has been foremost in my thoughts when sitting down to design new jewelry pieces. I wanted to create another beaded chain bracelet, like the "Filigree" bracelet on my website, Jewels of the OBX, but something in black and silver - well, Sandy Gear-like! The "Filigree" bracelet was just sold at Cloud Nine so I was really motivated to start this one.

I designed my own variation of an embellished diamond chain and once the bracelet was complete, it looked so light and lacy, I called it, "Black Lace." It was hard staying on task while in the middle of the chain ... instead of a bracelet, I could imagine what it would look like sewn onto black leather for embellishment. I kept carrying it around looking for things to lay it up against, a purse, a wallet ... it would look really awesome but I had to stop and stay focused!



The bracelet's finished size is 7 1/2 inches. A Sterling Silver toggle clasp would have looked just as nice but decided to go with the gunmetal clasp instead to help the extra beaded diamond and silver drops stand out.



Ideas (or should I say beads?) are always rattling around in my head but this probably will be the last Sandy Gear piece I'll make anytime soon. There is a Surf & Sky piece calling to me ... it's sitting on the desk in the middle of conception that will include beautiful turquoise shells and pewter glass pearls. But, for now, it will just have to wait until Bike Week is over!
Ride safe and see you on the beach!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, ideas, questions and suggestions!