Buzz over to my Website!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Welcome Bikers!

We were out for a short ride on the bike Friday evening and noticed all the "Welcome Bikers!" signs are up. I thought it would be fun to start a collection of them and snapped a few pics (I always carry my camera with me!)

Of course, the Nags Head Harley shop is ready! The good news is that all the standing water that's been on the beach road near the entrance has dried up. Hope it stays that way. Say it with me ... no rain, no rain, no rain ... !


Most of the restaurants love to see the bikers roll in ... just as long as they don't show up all at the same time ! Especially little Mama Kwans on the bypass - a sweet place with the BEST Pad Thai! Order it Hot!



The Dunes Restaurant is a little bigger - maybe more so since they've remodeled - we haven't been there in awhile. A good place for family-style food. You can get there from either the beach road or bypass.




The Ship's Wheel Restaurant is on the beach road right in front of the Ebb Tide Hotel - we used to stay at the Ebb Tide back in the 1970's! The restaurant is seasonal and it has a good breakfast, usually a busy little place in the middle of summer.



The best "Welcome" sign so far is this one in front of Krave ... they've started Bike Week a day early ... officially it starts Sunday, April 18 but I like their enthusiasm and the bikers were starting to roll in today, April 17. Maybe they'll keep adding on extra days and we'll eventually have Bike Month! But, like Harry says ... we live here so EVERY week is Bike Week!



That's all the pics I took Friday night, like I said it was a short ride. I saw a sign today that's probably my favorite but didn't snap it yet ... will get it Sunday and add to the collection as the week goes on. The sign says (these) brothers (in history) were bikers, too. Can you guess who they're talking about? I thought it was pretty clever. Here's a hint for you ... one of the brothers is in this picture with two of our grandchildren, Jade and Aiden. Oh, and can you tell me which brother is in the picture? Sorry, no prize if you get it right ... well, you do get to see two really cute grandkids!


Ride safe and see you on the beach!
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, ideas, questions and suggestions!